Sunday 31 January 2010

Throwing a Religious Wobbly

After yesterday's ground breaking show, Tommy my cat and I sat for eleven hours and nineteen minutes staring at the radio, wide eyed and open mouthed.
It was Tommy who broke the silence. He wafted behind him with the Little Rock Chronicle and said, "In the name of Sammy Wilson's silver salmon's simmet, what was all that about?"
I got to my feet which I had parked next to my chair and said, "What you have witnessed today Tommy, was a melt down. Mr Coyle reached critical mass and exploded."
"The fall out will be widespread," whispered Tommy.
I switched on the TV, stood dramatically, legs apart and yelled--LOOK!"
"Vatican in an uproar!" screamed a headline.
"President Obama cancels night out at bingo!" yelled another.
"Osama Bin-Laden issues new tape pledging support for the God fearing Mr Coyle."
"I never saw anything like it," whispered Tommy. "It all just came pouring out,his hatred of TV, his anger at the decline in moral standards and all the malarkey about an unwed mother, a 999 call and a close encounter with David Dunseith in a dark telephone box.".
"For years," I said, "Mr Coyle has been like a volcano, sitting, simmering everyday beside Gerry. But TODAY the cap blew off the volcano and all the pent up anger and frustration poured out like molten lava! The girls screamed and picked up their skirts, which they had thrown on the floor earlier and fled to the car park. Gerry was trapped in his booth. He sat with his feet on the desk, trying to talk Mr Coyle down. But-NO! Mr Coyle, filled with the holy spirit and five pieces of fruit, spewed out his hate and bile, until he fell to the floor an empty husk of a human being."
"David Icke has just issued a statement supporting Mr Coyle," said Tommy.
"Of course he has!" I yelled. "Did not Mr Coyle state,that the night David Dunseith had him trapped in a dark telephone box, David Dunseith took on the form of a giant lizard?"
"The Republican party in America want Mr Coyle to run for the Senate," said Tommy.
"The house recognises the honourable Senator from Sleepy Hollow," I cried.
Then the door burst open and Tubby Nolan rushed in.He yelled, "I am off to Derry to follow the chosen one, Sean Thaddeus Coyle!"
"Look what Mr Coyle has done now!" said Tommy."He has started a-cult"
"Ah Tommy, Tommy," I said."When it comes to Mr Coyle and the word-cult, there have always been rumours."
Tommy tee-ee'ed and then toasted a slice of bread, to see if the image of Mr Coyle would appear on it.
For years hence, AYE! and indeed, hence, people will remember what they were doing when holy roller Mr Coyle threw a religious wobbly.
I was listening to Frank McCrory!

No comments: