Wednesday 27 April 2011

Wallowing and Wedding Lists

Great shows last week kid.
Great shows which snapped wee Ted Tidy out of his terrible, black depression. For years wee Ted had been wallowing in a deep pit of despair. Speaking from the back of a hobby-horse in Bundoran wee Ted said,
"No more wallowing in deep pits of despair for me! My wallowing days are over. Gerry Anderson shone a light up my tunnel of despair. When I loose 11 stone and buy a ginger wig I will be on a chick hunt."
Wee Ted then ran towards the sea wearing only a primrose-yellow welder's boiler suit and a pair of lime-green Dutch clogs. Two old codgers from Plumbridge said,
"Ahoy! Is that not Ted Tidy the former wallower frolicking in the breaking surf of the Atlantic ocean?"
"It is!" said a passing nomad from Sion Mills. "Thanks to the Gerry Anderson show wee Ted Tidy shall wallow no more in deep pits of despair."
Tommy my cat and I bustled round the house dressed as two Chelsea pensioners.
"Private Tommy," I yelled, "read out that Royal wedding check-list again! It is imperative that nothing is left out."
Tommy sat down on a recumbent Danish wino and roared out,
"Balloons-Check. Bunting-Check.Rice-Check.Old tin cans for tying to the TV-Check.
Onions,to make us cry-Check. Two pos with unimpeded access-Check. Coke,crisps, wee buns,cucumber sandwiches,Easter eggs and a drop of the crater-Check.
That seems to be everything," said Tommy.
"STALL THE WEDDING!" I cried. "STALL THE WEDDING! What about forelocks?"
"Why would we need four locks?" said Tommy.
"This house only has TWO doors!"
"Forelocks for pulling," I yelled. "We are mere servile churls. The Royal wedding will be choc-a-block with our betters. We need forelocks so we can pull them frantically to show our loyalty and lower station in life. TOMMY," I roared,
"run immediately to the forelock shop and purchase two of their finest forelocks!"
Tommy grabbed his America Express credit card and ran for the door.
"Oh Tommy!" I shrieked. "I also require four candles."
"OH NO!" said Tommy. "OH NO! This forelock hanlin' is going to be tricky enough without bringing fork handles into it!"
I concurred, threw a shovel of sand over it and lay down behind the door like a dog.
Yeh! just like a mean ol' hound dog!

No comments: