Thursday 14 July 2011

Men In Kilts

A great 12th of July show yesterday kid which sent the eager brethren off with a ringing, "KAY-ME-la- FAULT-YA" from your good self and a roar of, "ERIN GO BRAGH" from Mr Coyle.Then, with a BOOM-BOOM-BOOM! from the big bass drum, a RAT-A-TAT-TAT! from the side drums and a skirl of the pipes they were off.
"Look at the swirl of the kilts," yelled Tommy my cat. One can't help but wonder if every kilt has a wee pair of breeks under it?"
"May the road rise up to meet you," croaked an old codger, with flat feet, flat cap and a flat wheel on his zimmer frame.
I looked at Tommy with puss in my eye and sobbed, "As long as men in kilts are prepared to march to the, BOOM-BOOM-BOOM of the bass drum, the RAT-A-TAT-TAT of the side drums and the terrible, agonizing skirl of the bagpipes, the Ulster fry, the Ulster accent and the Ulster, dry sense of humour will survive."
"How's about ye?" yelled Tommy.
"Sticking out-Hi!" I shrieked.
Once again, like the flooding of the Nile, Mr Coyle's past comes back to haunt him. How good to know that the police are still keeping an eye on comrade Coyle to the extent that they will send a lady detective to a wedding.
"No head for heights my feline ass!" yelled Tommy. "I once saw Mr Coyle, complete with spangled tights as a trapeze artist with Duffy's circus. He was billed as the "Great Leaper from Lapland." When asked why he didn't use a net, Mr Coyle explained it interfered with his hair style."
Tomorrow is the rumble in the jungle, the thriller in Manila. I refer of course to the sham fight at Scarvagh. After studying form, Tommy and I have decided to bet the farm on King James. I know he's had a long string of defeats, but logic dictates that ONE day Lady Luck will smile on King Jimmy.
I got odds of 7/2 from Paddy Power. What a mug! Tomorrow Tommy and I will turn him over and clean him out.

No comments: