Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Big Daddy of the Airwaves.

Great show yesterday kid. A great show which made many people ponder and ruminate on the logistical effort required in putting on a great show.
Here are just a few of the tweets I received after the great show. "It made me want to yank out my catheter and dance." (Old Bob Tanner)
"I felt as if my gizzard would explode." (Mrs A.Tuna)
"It brought a smile to my cheeks, front and back." (Doctor Billy Bunting) "The great show goes down well with cooking sherry." (Jordie Tuft) High praise indeed, especially from old Jordie who is discombobulated beyond belief at the soaring price of old, buck goats.
Tommy my cat, took a ball of string and ran outside. Five minutes later he came running back and said, "Nine feet and seven inches."
"What is?" I said."
How long is a piece of string?" said Tommy. I made a note on my Mayan calender, which for some strange reason ends abruptly on the fifth of May and said, "Let's have a little treat. Peel a banana while I do the splits."
From a distance Tubby Nolan looked like a dust storm. Soon he stood before me, quivering all over like a highly-strung, Arab stallion. I slipped a piece of sugar into his mouth and said, "Hey Bluto, there is a rumour going round the coffee houses and DLA offices, that your radio show is going down the tubes, faster than a particle in the higgs boson, hydron collider."
"Rubbish!" yelled Tubby. "I am a household name here and on the mainland. I am the biggest thing to hit radio since the cat's whiskers. Groups of middle aged woman follow me everywhere I go screaming, "Steven! Make a farting sound with your oxter again!" Who could replace me? I am the Big Daddy of the air waves."
I borrowed a stool, clambered on to it and whispered in the fat boy's ear. "There is a whisper going round Broadcasting House, that the BBC have Walter Love up on a ramp, where he is being oiled and greased by a group of ancient broadcasting enthusiasts."
"INFAMY!" roared Tubby. "If Walter Love dares to take the food out of my mouth I will inform the BBC about Walter's nefandous flirting with Nell Gwynn in the back seat of the Globe theatre in London, in the year of our Lord, 1625." I went on my way, happy in the thought that soon Tubby Nolan and Walter Love would be fighting like a manatee and an old pike.

No comments: