Tuesday 23 August 2011

Drowning in a Sea of Ennui.

Great show yesterday kid.
A great show which brought little comfort to the lady motorist complaining about cyclists.
"Get off your fat ass!" screamed Tommy my cat, "and stop complaining about young, non-rioters who are out in God's fresh air improving their health with a cycle race. I know her type!" yelled Tommy. "Put her in a car and she thinks she owns the road. Effing and blinding at tractors, lorries, dung spreaders, donkeys, pedestrians, CYCLISTS and any other road user who isn't her! I know her kind!" roared Tommy. "When I worked in the Foreign Office I often had to deal with Kings, sheiks and dictators who thought they ruled the world. I brought them all to heel with a loud yell of, "KISS MY ASS!!!"
I looked at the little, irritated pussy and said,
"Not very diplomatic Thomas."
"Diplomacy is for PUSSIES!" yelled Tommy.
He picked up his five string banjo and stormed off into his study for a good PLINK!
I like a good plink myself, but never, until the sun is over the yard arm. Then and only then, do I get stuck into the plink!
And so the long, weary day wore on. Across the street old Jimmy Eiderdown had his head stuck out of the window yelling, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
I knew the noise would stop when the valium suppositories kicked in.
Tommy yawned and said, "Let's go blindfold Tubby Nolan, push him into a china shop and stand back and watch the fun."
"We did that only yesterday," I sighed. "Oh Tommy," I said, " I am suffering from fierce languor and tarra ennui.".
"NUI doesn't spell anything, it's not even a word!" replied the pesky pussy. "Listen," said Tommy, "and hark to my tale. Apparently Kate Moss was so enamoured with the TV show, "My big Irish Gypsy Wedding" that she turned to her partner and cried, "LET'S DO IT!". And do it they did," said Tommy. "They tied the knot, got hitched, or if prefer, got married. Dear Kate said in OK magazine that she would love to be a gypsy and sell clothes-pegs from door to door."
I leaped to my feet yelling, " I am drowning in a river of ennui!" In desperation-Dan, I rammed a six hour tape called, "Great Irish Golfers" by Steven Watson into the CD player and collapsed like a potato on to the couch.
Next morning a new day knocked on the door seeking admittance. One look at its long, grey face and I knew it had ennui written all over it.

No comments: