Wednesday 8 June 2011

Is John Ginger?

Great show yesterday kid.
A great show which gave 97 year old Sheldon Blutack the strength, perseverance and determination to climb Croagh Patrick. Unfortunately, old Sheldon did not have the strength, perseverance and determination to climb back down the holy mountain. He spent the night sheltering under a whin bush and is hoping and praying that today's great show will give him the strength, perseverance and determination to make the descent.
Tommy my cat came down the stairs wearing a teeny-weeny bikini, pushed-back sunglasses and feline mug plastered with sun cream.
"Too much Tommy," I said. "You look like a mime artist."
Tommy looked out at the searing heat and said, "It's the ginger toms I feel sorry for today. They can't stand the heat. They break out in hives and are driven mad by prickly heat."
"Ann Robinson must be scratching like a dog with fleas in weather like this," I laughed.
"It's not funny," said Tommy. "On a sunny day like today, my thoughts go out to, Ann Robinson, Chris Evans, Red Hurley and John Daly."
"John Daly?" I exclaimed. "John Daly is bald, not ginger."
"Oh he is!" said Tommy. "John Daly is as ginger as a ginger nut. I saw him naked."
"YOU saw the venerable John Daly NAKED?" I shrieked. "Where did you see John Daly bereft of clothes?"
Tommy winked, leered most horribly and began to sing,
"Down at the Y.M.C.A.
The Y.M.C.A.
I ran into John Daly, so nude and so bare
Looking down I saw a quick flash of dry, ginger hair.
Down at the Y.M.C.A
The Y.M.C.A."
Could it be true? Was John Daly a closet-ginger? There was only one way to find out. I grabbed my camera, binoculars and Ikea, fold-up ladder and sprinted to the home of John "Red" Daly. If I was lucky I would get him stepping out of the shower. I tingled all over with excitement as I saw the photograph and banner headline in the Sunday World..
"LOOK!!! Is this the reason John Daly wears trousers???

No comments: