Saturday 20 October 2012

Jim Rodgers gets A Makeover!

Great show yesterday kid, which never intruded on the feeling of loss and sadness suffered by retired Coco-Pops taster, Brian B. O'Brian, when Robert, his pet fruit fly died suddenly during the night. Speaking to reporters yesterday Brian said, "I would like to thank all who visited the tree hut where I live, or sent flowers. Life goes on. I am encouraged by the words of Rene Descartes who said, "See that bicycle? I got it for a fiver." After Tommy my cat and I got up, we listened intently for the sound of a reshuffle from Stormont and then got on with our lives. Carson, our butler came in with a silver tray bearing the business card of Jim Rodgers. "Send him in Carson," said Tommy, "but search him on the way out. I notice our private stock of Iron Brue is decreasing with every visit that man makes." Jim Rodgers crept in, twisting a flat cap between his nervous fingers. "I need help!" screamed Jim. "I feel I need a make-over to compete with the, cool, with-it MLAs, such as "Lucky" Barry McElduff and "Flash" Jim Allister." Tommy looked Jim up and down and said, "Your trouble my lad, is your, Nigh, Nigh, Nighs. You have been screaming triple nighs for years. It's time for a change. I suggest cutting back to two nighs, OR, increasing your nighs by one which would sound like, "Nigh! Nigh! Nigh! NIGH!" Jim mounted a small stool and screamed, "Nigh! Nigh!" Tommy and I both shook our heads. The duo of nighs, lacked conviction. Jim took a deep breath, threw back his head and screamed, "Nigh! Nigh! Nigh! NIGH!" "Nailed it!" yelled Tommy. "Made it your own!" I shrieked. "Yipee!" screamed Jim. "I have got my mojo back!" "GO HOME," yelled Tommy, "and prepare for reshuffles!" Tommy and I listened as Jim, raced through Belfast screaming, "NIGH! NIGH! NIGH NIGH!---------NIGH! NIGH! NIGH! NIGH!" "There goes a future minister for culture," said Tommy. I concurred! --

No comments: