Sunday 10 January 2010

Rejection and Humiliation

Two great shows to start the new year Kid then Mr Coyle takes over the helm and the ship goes down and all hands are lost at sea. NO! NO! Unfair. The boy done good. His choice of music was groovy and cool in the extreme- man.
After your Tuesday show, Tommy my cat turned off the radio by giving it a dirty look, climbed up on a kneeling dwarf from the rain forests of Saudi Arabia and said,
"So now we know. Now we know why Mr Coyle always cheers for the cowboys in a western film."
"Expand Tommy," I yelled. "Expand. Don't just stand there like a tube on that Saudi Arabian dwarf. Expand Tommy. Expand."
"HUMILIATION!" cried Tommy. "Shame, humiliation and common or garden rejectednesss lies at the core of the matter. When the Red Indian wrestler, Big Chief Turkey Trot humiliated Mr Coyle by asking him to clean his shoe, Mr Coyle from that day hence, was filled with a deep hatred for all red men."
"You're right Tommy," I yelled. "Did not Mr Coyle want the Saville Commission to look into battle of the big horn?"
"Yes he did," said Tommy. "But Sir Jimmy Saville said, "Now then, now then, now then, sling your hook young man."
"Yet another humiliation," I cried.
"Humiliation piled on humiliation," yelled Tommy. "and yet, Mr Coyle's hatred for the red man is so unnecessary."
"WHY Tommy?" I cried. "WHY? Expand."
"Because," said Tommy with one finger raised in the air and another finger raised up his nose, "the red Indian wrestler was not an Indian at tall, but was in fact, Arthur Higgenbottom from Burnley with red paint on his face."
"Eeh by gum!" I cried. "Who would have thought it? Eeh, I'll go to the foot of our tepee."
I met him on a Wednesday and my heart stood still.
At first glance it looked like a mountain of old clothes, but mountains don't walk. I looked again and saw the fat features of Tubby Nolan, hidden under a mound of coats, scarves and horse blankets.
"I can't stand it! yelled Tubby. "I can't stand the cold. Oh mummy, mummy, take the naughty cold away from your little pink baby!"
"Shut up you mountain of shivering lard!" I yelled. "We all feel the cold. Suck it up fat boy."
"I feel the cold more!" roared Tubby. "There are parts of me,little, but very important parts of me, that are ready to fall off with the cold."
"What are these little parts?" I asked
"My little nose," cried Tubby. "And my little....."
"NIGH! NIGH! NIGH!" screamed Jim Rodgers. "Belfast council has run out of-GRIT!"
I sprinted home to tell Tommy, but when I got home, I couldn't remember if Jim had screamed-GRIT! or another word very similar, so I pushed Tommy into the coal bunker and kept him in the dark. Tommy goes completely haywire when he hears bad news. Something just fell off me. I hope it was an icicle!

No comments: